Subject: Re: Cutting open objects
From: [email-masked] (Bill Mills)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 16:13:17 PDT

Re: using DPaint to break an anim into a sequence for LightWave.

The Amiga has this nift thing called IFF.  You can take an IFF animation
(which can't be read directly by lightwave) and load it into DPAINT.  Then 
you can save each frame as an IFF one at a time (limited to 256 colors) and
Lightwave can load the sequence of IFF images you produce.  Ithink DPAINT IV
AGA supports AREXX to automate it, but frankly I've never clacked the manual.

Using ADPro to do the same thing has a few advantages, one of which is 
saving the frames as 24 bit images (if it was a HAM8 animation), and the 
other is the whole think can be done automatically, and you don't even need
to know how to program in AREXX.  There is a nifty script included with
ADPro called BustAnim.ADPro.  As its name implies, it busts apart animations.

Be seeing you...
-Bill Mills

[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 (=====)   Corinthian Media Services       Video
  | | |    (209)277-8150                   Multimedia
  | | |    2562 N. Dewey Ave.              Touch Screen Info Centers
  | | |    Fresno, CA 93722                Production/Consultation
  | | |
 (=====)   This is a guest account, CMS is not affiliated with CSUF